Flu Season 2019-2020
Who is Entitled to A Flu Vaccine ?
- Patients aged 65 and over
- Patients who are pregnant
- Patients living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- Patients receiving a carer's allowance, or the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Patients with Medical Conditions listed below.
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), learning disability or cerebral palsy
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
(Site updated 18/11/2019)