Online Consult banner 2

Named GP


From 01 April 2015, ALL patients are allocated a "named" GP.  Your "named" GP is the same as your registered GP. You can find the name of your registered GP on your NHS Medical Card sent to you by NHS England.  If you have lost your NHS Medical Card or the registered GP on your NHS Medical Card is one of the doctors who have now retired, you can contact the surgery to ask who your registered/"named" GP is and one of our receptionists will be able to inform you of this.

The NHS England contract remains 'practice based' so overall responsibility for patient care remains an overall practice responsibility.  There is no condition for patients to see their "named" GP only.  Any of the doctors and nurses at the surgery are still responsible for delivering your care.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website