HIP - Jessica Litherland
Jessica is our Health Improvement Practitioner. She provides advice and helps patients develop healthier behaviour and lifestyles. Jessica offer practical support to patients and provides intervention on the following:
- Over 40 NHS Health Checks
- High Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- At Risk of Diabetes
- Newly Diagnosed Diabetes Advice (patients on metformin/diet controlled)
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management - eating healthily and losing weight (if necessary)
- Alcohol Advice - encouraging patients to drink sensibly
- Mild/Moderate COPD - health assessments for patients with mild – moderate COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), with a view to improving their health and lifestyle.
- Lifestyle Changes - Encouraging patients to participate in increased physical activity, improve diet, healthy eating - high cholesterol patients etc
Jessica works every Tuesday from 8.00 - 6.30pm. Please call the surgery to book an appointment with her.
MHP - Vikki May
Vikki is our Mental Health Practitioner. She sees patients aged 16 and over as the first point of contact, instead of a GP.
Vikki works every Friday from 1.30pm - 4.30pm. Please call the surgery to book an appointment with her.
MSK - Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor is our Musculoskeletal (MSK) Practitioner. He is an advanced practitioner Physiotherapist, with extensive expertise in management of MSK (muscle or joint) conditions. Andrew sees patients, aged 16 and over, with (suspected or diagnosed) MSK conditions, as the first point of contact, instead of a GP. and can be accessed directly by contacting the practice’s reception team.
Andrew works every Monday from 1.30pm - 4.30pm. Please call the surgery to book an appointment with him.
Pharmacists - TBA
Bolton CCG have recently appointed pharmacists to practices to help reduce workload for the GP's.
They will be working along side the GP's to help review patients medication, they will help manages prescriptions requests such as medications which are not on repeat or if a patient has been recently been discharged from the hospital, they will review their medication. Also she will be helping the practice in reducing wastage of medications.
If their are queries on your repeat medications then you may receive a phone call from the pharmacists.
Health Visitor - Dianne Todd
A health visitor is a registered nurse who has received training particularly related to babies, children and pregnant women. Their role is to provide families with children under five years old with support and advice around the general aspects of mental, physical and social wellbeing.